|© Holly DeWolf|
Today we focused on the fine country we live in and it’s birthday! Sadly it rained for the majority of the long weekend. The sun did came out for a short while so we took advantage of it and got out of the house. We attempted to watch fireworks tonight but ended up getting soaked instead. It was a damp holiday!
Quicks facts-What my girls learned about Canada:
• Today is Canada’s 147th birthday!
• Population estimate is 35,141,542.
• St John’s Newfoundland is the oldest English-founded settlement on the North American continent and the oldest city in Canada.
• Cool Canadians: William Shatner, Donald Sutherland, The Strombo, Feist, Margaret Atwood, Mr. Dressup, Astronaut Chris Hadfield, Terry Fox, John Candy…
• The beaver is our national animal!
• We have 10 provinces and 3 territories.
• Cool Canadian inventions: insulin. snow blower, Plexiglas, Trivial Pursuit, 5 pin bowling, NASA Canada arm…
• The Stanley Cup has its own bodyguard!
• Canada has its own mysterious lake creature, Ogopogo, who reportedly lives in Lake Okanagan, British Columbia.
|© Reagen DeWolf- Oh Canada!|
|© Hannah DeWolf- I love Canada!|