|© Holly DeWolf- Coffee is not the answer, it’s the solution!|
We learned about Coffee today!
Instant human-just add coffee! The girls voted that we learn about something that I love today. Yes coffee, that best friend of mine. I do love the smell of Sumatra in the morning! I like it strong, like diabolical kind of strong! As they say, insomnia builds character! I’d stop drinking coffee, but I’m no quitter.
Speaking of coffee humour- watch Comedians in cars getting coffee!
Favourite Coffee Quote:
“You know, I’m not sure what exactly it is that caffeine does for you, but I’m pretty sure without it your head caves in.” -Dave Foley, NewRadio
Coffee Facts & Tid-Bits:
• Caffeine is trimethylxanthine or C8H10N4O2!
• It’s been waking us up for centuries!
• Coffee is an an addictive stimulant operating similar to amphetamines, cocaine and heroin. The good news is caffeine is much milder than those drugs and legal!
• It’s discovery- It all began with a goat! It’s said that Kaldi, an Ethiopian goat herder, noticed his goats acting very frisky after eating a certain berry shrub. He took some of the shrub’s berries for himself, felt the jolt and this secured coffee’s future.
• Originally coffee was a food and not a drink!
• The most expensive coffee- civet coffee, refers to the beans of coffee berries once they have been eaten and excreted by the Asian Palm Civet. Pretty gross and I cannot say I’ll be trying that EVER!
• ’90’s coffee culture still lives on today! It’s not just coffee, it’s an experience!
• Arabs closely guarded the coffee plants until the 1600’s, and no fertile seeds were found outside Arabia with the exception of the other place where coffee grew naturally, Africa.
• Coffee crossed the Atlantic around 1727.
• The higher up from sea level coffee is grown the better quality. That explains why Jamaican Blue Mountain is so expensive.
• Coffee is grown in some very weather volatile places. When natural disaster hit, it can drive the prices up.
• 300 milligrams (about two cups of coffee) the upper limit of a moderate daily dose.
• Caffeine is a natural component of chocolate, coffee and tea, and is added to colas and energy drinks.
• According to a 2010 BusinessWeek report, Scandinavian nations such as Finland consume more caffeine per capita than other countries!
• Coffee grows best around in Tropics of Capricorn and Cancer, also known as the Bean Belt.
• There are two types of coffee: Robusta and Arabica.
• Best name for a coffee shop on TV: Cafe Nervosa from Frasier. Here are some more: Famous Coffee Shops From Your Fave TV Series!
• Best coffee monologue is from Gilmore Girls!
|© Hannah DeWolf- Nutty For Coffee!|
|© Reagen DeWolf- Dive Into Coffee!|
Behind every successful illustrator is a substantial amount of coffee.