|©Holly DeWolf- Robot Cafe!|
Today the girls wanted to learn about Robots-most importantly famous robots. This was a fun one because we got to look at cartoon robots, movie robots and real classic vintage robots!
My favourite robot is Rosie from The Jetsons. The girls favourite robot is Gir from Invader Zim.
What we learned about robots:
• One of the earliest robots is Maria from the German film Metropolis made in 1927.
• Blade Runner- replicants were designed to be like humans but with an unfortunate incept date with the downside of being hunted by Deckard.
• Transformers were giant robots that could transform into cars and other objects.
• The Tripods in War Of The Worlds were not too terribly loving and did not play well with others or buildings.
• Wall-E , a small waste collecting robot goes on a space journey that helps the fate of mankind.
• Gort is a fictional humanoid robot in the 1951 film The Day the Earth Stood Still. His laser eye was killer!
• Hal 9000 was the antagonistic computer robot that was a red television camera eye located on equipment panels throughout the ship in 2001: A space Odyssey.
• Lieutenant Commander Data was the first and only android to ever enter Starfleet on Star Trek The Next Generation.
• Robo Cop was a superhuman ’80’s cyborg law enforcer.
• The Terminator was a big cyborg meanie assassin programmed to kill Sarah Connor. And yes, he was back more than once!
• Bender is the sarcastic beer loving robot on Futurama.
• Marvin the paranoid android was in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. He was afflicted with severe depression and boredom, in part because he has a brain the size of a planet which he seldom ever got the chance to use.
• Rosie was the maid robot on The Jetsons.
• Dot Matrix was the robot on Spaceballs played by Joan Rivers.
• R2D2 and 3CPO were the robot duo on Star Wars.
• ASIMO, an acronym for Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility, is a humanoid robot designed and developed by Honda.
• Lastly, the movie Lost In Space had a Robbie The Robot who could sense danger at every turn!
|© Reagen DeWolf- Gir Needs Waffles!|
|© Hannah DeWolf- Gir Loves Waffles!|